Explore Menu & File / Desktop Problems after XP Upgrade

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

SteveCIR

Happy New Year!

I do hope somebody can figure out my Explore Menu & File/Desktop Problems.
I recently upgraded my Win-ME OS to XP (Upgrade Version). Now, everytime I go to Explore and click on File in the File Menu or select folders / items to copy or move, the computer completely freezes. The same thing happens when I want to refresh my desktop (i.e., Arrange Icons).

Sometimes I do not have to reboot the PC to get out of Explore, as a Ctrl-Alt-Del, then End Task will usually take care of the problem. However, that is not the same picture you get with the Desktop problem

Any help, will be greatly appreciated.

HAPPY 2006!
Steve

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online