1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Explorer closes when clicking on certain links

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by barneygumbel, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barneygumbel

barneygumbel Thread Starter

Hello all. I go to java.com and then click on the link for their download page. When I do that, the browser closes. Other sites are ok. I have xp home with 512 ram and 160 gb p4. There was also another site I went to that did this, but I forget that one. I have disabled all pop up stoppers and zone alarm, but it still does this sometimes, especially the java site. Ran adaware and other system cleaners and re-started, it still does it. Is this a glitch in ie or what? I have ie 6.0. Thanks! Mike.

2. BillC

BillC

Hmmmm. It could be that you are not able to download. Check your Browser > Tools > Internet Optios > Security > Custom and scroll down to confirm you have download enabled. Can you download other applications?

It seems that this is caused by settings in Internet Options, but alas, I'm not sure which one.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!