1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Explorer Crashes in Networking

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kamikaze0278, Apr 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kamikaze0278

kamikaze0278 Thread Starter

Okay, I've been all over the interwebs to find a solution for this problem and nothing so far has worked.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on my laptop... more specs? check my profile. That's really all that's needed for this forum question.

The Problem:
    When I click Network in explorer OR Use this path: Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center and then try to click on See full map, I get an error stating that explorer.exe has caused an application error and must terminate. the description is "The instruction at 0x07703dc67 referenced memory at 0x264effff. The memory could not be read. Click OK to terminate program."

When I click OK, explorer closes and restarts.

I've tried copying explorer to another location and pointing the registry at it. I've tried a number of things, so many, I can't remember them all... oh yea, the latest was to install the Bing search bar! To no avail! I'm at my wits' end!

The kicker of it all, wow... is that my other computer can access files on this one I've told it to share. But I can't pull up my network on this one. My other computer is running Vista SP 2 (I think) and is online on the same network as this one. This is really pissing me off... JUST shy of a format and recovery. I've got too much precious irreplaceable cargo with no where else to put it on this one, I don't want to lose. See, I'm a graphic designer, and while I have a 500 GB external hard drive, it's nearly full, and I need everything on it, too. I need to fix this without screwing up what I've got already. yes, I dual boot Mandriva and it boots off of the external.

Someone PLEASE help me out!

2. Hughv

Hughv

3. kamikaze0278

no good. those are the forums I was talking about. nothing in them has helped. I've tried all those fixes and nothing works.

4. Hughv

Hughv

Do a repair install.

5. kamikaze0278

I can't. Mandriva Linux is dual-booted on my system and the Grub Loader won't allow a restore boot, and the system didn't come with the Windows 7 disk. The product key is on the bottom.

I prefer Mandriva Linux, but as a graphic designer, windows 7 is the best platform for my renderings... really the only reason I keep it on the computer. That and my online radio broadcasting only works in windows if I ever decide to get back into that.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice