Explorer error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PDBrooksIV

When I try to open "My Computer", "My Documents", or "My Network Places", I get the message Explorer has caused an error in <unknown> Explorer will now close, If you continue to experience problems, try restarting your computer. This also happens sometimes when I'm on the web. I've tried restarting and it works sometimes but I'd like to correct the problem for good.

PDBrooksIV,

Use the AD-WARE program. It's most likely SPYWARE and also, if you have a good antivirus, do a system scan. There might also be a TROJAN virus on your system. I just experienced the same problem for the past week and now everything is okay.

PDBrooksIV

I tried the virus scan (both Norton and PC cillin) and nothing was found. I downloaded Adware and used it, also with no result. I still recieve the same error message. One of them, and only one, refered to an error in NAVSHEXT.DLL??????????:confused:

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
It appears to be a file associated with your Norton Anti-Virus.

Have you tried updating or re-installing Norton? Or perhaps you un-installed it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online