Explorer.EXE - Application Popup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

b0bby08

Hey,

At first I recieved this error:
----------------------------------
Event Type: Information
Event Source: Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID: 26
Date: 1/5/2006
Time: 7:44:43 PM
User: N/A
Computer: ****
Description:
Application popup: Explorer.EXE - Application Error : The instruction at "0x0257c5b0" referenced memory at "0x0257c5b0". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
------------------------------------------------

It constantly did this everytime I tried exploring my computer with Windows Explorer. I Just recently followed advice on removing some spyware and trojan I had on my comp, and the problem went away!

Now its back again, and I'm wondering if its a virus or spyware? Another strange thing is that when I try deleting a file, my computer makes a Beeping noise. This beeping noise comes from the computer itself and not my computer speakers! Do you know how I can resolve this issue and prevent this from happening again? Really annoying because I need to use Windows Explorer a lot!

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
b0bby

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online