Explorer.exe applications don't work, among other things

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Khouse

Whenever I try to run any explorer program, like search, or opening a folder (On my desk or the start menu), my computer slows down to point where the only thing I can do is close it through task manager.

This isn't the only problem. No media playing program works. iTunes started off with just freezing when I went to the music store, now it's whenever I turn it on. Anytime firefox is asked to play videos, it freezes up. Also, a couple months back my computer was completely crippled by what I assume was a virus causing a repeated opening of Dr. Watson. That's stopped, but I remember seeing drwtsn32.exe in the Task manager a couple days ago.

So, I ask people with experience, is this a virus? Something that I probably did wrong? And more importantly, is there anything I can do about it?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online