explorer.exe conflicts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

adensdad

At least I'm pretty sure there's a .exe conflict issue here.

My explorer.exe does not start up when I restart the computer, then when I run it through the task manager it starts up for about three seconds then the desktop items and everything disappear again. I also never receive an error message with the explorer.exe crash. No "sorry, but the explorer.exe must close ect ect."

Sometimes it starts up and crashes, then starts up again and crashes without me prompting it to start again. It stays on for about 5 seconds, crashes, comes back on for 5 seconds, crashes again then stays off.

I have had this computer with windows xp for some time, so I didn't just install windows xp. This problem began just after I downloaded a number of files off the internet that I unwisely gave permissions for through winpatrol. A few of these permissions were toolbars for ie. I can't recall the names for these files offhand because a number of them showed up at once.

Otherwise my computer has not seemed to slow down at all. My internet runs just as fast as it did before. No processes seem to be taking up a lot of CPU. Even explorer.exe doesn't seem to take up a lot of CPU when I try to run it. My PC has never crashed. This is why I think it's some sort of conflict.

I downloaded spyware terminator and ran it. It deleted a number or trojans and spyware programs I had that I don't believe I had before this explorer.exe issue. But the problem still persists. I also deleted internet explorer 7, because I recalled those toolbars that I allowed permissions for. Hasn't changed anything.

Here are the processes my computer runs without manipulation:

taskmgr.exe
crfmon.exe
ati2evxx.exe
wuauclt.exe
SNDSrvs.exe
ccproxy.exe
firefox.exe
alg.exe
ccEvtMgr.exe
svchost.exe
MsPMSPSv.exe
MDM.exe
NAVAPSVC.exe
ati2evxx.exe
lsass.exe
services.exe
winlogin.exe
csrss.exe
smss.exe
spoolsv.exe
symlcsvc.exe
SPBBCSvc.exe

thanks.

adensdad

It sort of worked that one time I restarted but the problem has returned.

One thing I forgot to mention: Just before explorer.exe crashes I hear the little "pop" sound you here when the windows update yellow sheild thingy is telling you you have updates ready to install.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts