Explorer.exe crashes whenever I try to access the properties of MP3 or WMA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Shizzo

Whenever I right-click on an mp3 or wma file and choose "properties", it causes explorer.exe to have an error and I have to restart it from Task Manager. I renamed the files to mp2, mpeg, and wav and there was no longer this problem. Do you know what's happening??? Also, my mp3 files are being "modified" without me doing anything. No content seems to be changed but according to Windows it is still modified, which is bothersome when I want to only access my most recent songs. What's happening with my music????

Shizzo

I did an antivirus and it was nothing. I'm running Ad-aware as we speak.

Shizzo

I ran ad-aware smart scan and full scan of harddrive, so over next couple days i'll see if anything changes or not. Thanx for your help so far.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online