1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

explorer.exe crashing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by josmonavtjon, Nov 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. josmonavtjon

josmonavtjon Thread Starter

Hi, I am usually good at figuring out basic problems,but I am truly stumped.

The problem is that when ever I try to access anything that has to do with windows, be it just trying to open a folder or just open the start menu it explorer.exe just crashes. Even with closing and rerunning it, it still will crash if it doesn't lock up completely.

The only way I am even on here atm, is that I am in safemode and it seems to be stable atm, but when ever I leave safemode it continues to do the same thing.

I have scanned with avast!, malwarebytes, and superantispyware and nothing has popped up as a threat that I removed and didn't fix the problem.

Any help would be appreciated!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Any new programs lately? One of the main causes of explorer crashes is add-ons to the context menu.

3. josmonavtjon

josmonavtjon Thread Starter

I updated my video card drivers to the beta take advantage of the new sli profile for skyrim. And downloaded ntune from as well hoping to see if I could use it as had it before.
    I deleted ntune, already thinking it was the culprit, just it didn't have a uninstall so I just deleted the folder, but don't think I got it all or something or is still workings just messing my computer up.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1027643

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice