1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Explorer.exe eating up memory.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mariusuh, Nov 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariusuh

mariusuh Thread Starter

About six months ago I postet a thread in here regarding crashes, bluescreens, out of memory errors and so on that I was experiencing. I got all sorts of help, and although it did improve my computers speed, and delayed the errors, it didn't fix it completely, and it's now coming back fully..Now I finally found the problem.

By watching my task manager I can see that Explorer.exe reaches nearly 4gb, and is often taking over 90% of cpu(?) power.

I've tried to read around, finding solutions to this, although I can't really find anything. I've read something about de-activating all non microsoft shellextensions, but I thought I'd check in with you guys first.

So, has anybody else experienced and/or had any luck fixing this?

2. jhayz

jhayz

While waiting for further suggestions,

Try downloading Speccy and then install the program. To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.
    . In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot
    . Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
    . On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1112986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice