Explorer.exe error -- Assertion failed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

intrac

Getting this error when ever I right click on anything in Explorer:

Assertion failed: !"bogus context in ExceptionHandler()", file xx.cpp, line 3071

Any ideas?

Just a wild guess here but whatever Service Pack you have installed, I would reinstall it on the system again and then visit Windows Update.

For example, lets say you have Windows XP with Service Pack 1 applied. Reinstall Service Pack 1 (dont install SP2) and then visit Windowsupdate.

Sounds to me like Explorer.exe is corrupt.

Have you checked the system for viruses? It is possible that explorer.exe has been infected with a virus.

intrac

Sadan01
Thanks for the reply. SP2 was already installed a few months ago, and I did a re-install of XP Pro and SP2 again 1 week ago. I've scanned for viruses (Norton AV) and scanned for spyware (AdAware, Spyware Blaster, SpyBot Search & Destroy, MS AntiSpyware).

intrac

Sadan01,
Thank you. My problem occurs with anything that I right click on when in Explorer. (example -- rename, properties, etc.). It looks like the identical problem.

I have has SP2 applied for quite some time, and I doubt if its' related to SP2, since it's only recently occurred.

In searching around, the only reference I could find is in Borland.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online