Explorer.exe is shutting itself off.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drunkhippo

Ok, I'm pretty good with computers, but not amazing. For some reason my explorer.exe shuts off when I start up my computer. So the first thing I did was go into my windows task manager and ran explorer.exe. Then I was happy, it was up for one second. Then shut off again. I can spam explorer.exe in the run and sometimes get lucky and it will stay up for around 20min.s then shut off. Heres a list of things I tried to fix it.

I tried...
Used, Search, to see if there was anything I could spot out. (nothing)
AVG
Spybot
NoAdware
RogueScanFix (which actually fixed it for around... 1 hour. But it doesn't fix it at all anymore)
Google CCleaner
ATF Cleaner(even though it wouldn't help. lol)
System Restore
Booting up in safemod, explorer.exe doesn't work there either.

Ok, I am trying Windows file protection thing now and seeing if that will help. If anyone knows how to fix this without having a windows xp disc (since my mom lost it) that would be great. I have a feeling I just need to repair explorer.exe, but don't know how. If I do need a windows xp disc, I could just go buy one or something.

Thanks,
Kyle Sobus

Well I do not know what make and model computer you have but the one thing you are sure to need if you are going to work on the windows operating system is the install software for your computer. I would suggest either ordering a new one from the manufacturer of the computer or going to the friendly old computer store and purchasing a new Windows install disk there.

drunkhippo

Ok,

Sorry it took me so long to respond, my explorer.exe took a long time to get working.
ok.

Heres some info.

System:
Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Dell Computer Corporation
Dell DIMENSION 8300
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
2.79 GHz, 1.00 GB of RAM

Hope this helps out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online