Explorer.exe issue (Need Help ASAP)!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shakal802

I am having some issues using my computer.

The problem is, every time I open IE or a folder,

The folder automatically closes along with Explorer.exe which basically does not allow me to view my folders on my desktop and my menu at the bottom.

The only method I use to bring back Explorer.exe is to create a new process entering "explorer.exe".

However it does not really help because once I another folder it repeats the problem again.

I am in the need for professional help.

I hope I can receive one soon! :(

See if the same thing happens in Safe Mode. If it does, run Autoruns and look under the Explorer tab. See if there are any dll's that are new or unwanted and disable them. You may be able to track down the problem this way.

If you have installed any program recently that added context menu entries to explorer, try turning off the context menu in the program's settings, or uninstall it.

shakal802

The program seems very useful and I have found one DLL file that was created not too long ago.

It is named tustu.dll.

May I ask if it is safe to disable or remove it?

Also, May I ask if it is the source of my problem?

It is unknown to me and not on my system, so it is not needed. Try unchecking the bvox so it won't load. That way, you can restore it if you want.

You don't need to reboot after changing one of those, but you do need to kill explorer and restart it using Task Manager.

shakal802

This is very strange I have found another file called

mljge.dll

Located at c:\windows\system32\mljge.dll

After I searched information about it, I found many threat reports about it.

I simply deleted it and restarted explorer.exe.

After that the problem still existed.

After that I checked for more files on Autoruns and found mljge.dll again.

I removed and and restarted explorer and the file was back again.

I believe those dlls are associated with the Vundo Trojan.
It would be wise to run some spyware and virus scans along with the Vundo removal tool.

shakal802

I believe those dlls are associated with the Vundo Trojan.
It would be wise to run some spyware and virus scans along with the Vundo removal tool.
I currently don't have money to buy a removal tool.

Is there an option where I can manually and permanently remove it?

Or, a free removal tool?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online