explorer.exe-no disk error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

centron1

I keep getting this error message popping up all the time

explorer.exe-no disk :(

In the error window it says: "there is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive :a

When I click "cancel" in the current error window I get subsequent error windows referring to the (4 media drives) on my computer:
"there is no disk in the drive. please insert a disk into:

drive device/harddisk1/dr3 (smart media/xd)
drive device/harddisk2/dr4 (mmc/sd)
drive device/harddisk1/dr5 (compact flash 1/11)
drive device/harddisk1/dr6 (ms / ms pro)

Please Help!

centron1

System Configuration:
HP media center, windows xp media center edition, windows explorer. 6.02800.116.xpspx.030422-1633

I think the application that was giving the disk errors is Microsoft Internet Explorer Web Browser. Explorer is in the windows-xp “auto startup” menu and opens when the computer is powered up.

A little background history:

We access the internet through Hughes High Speed Satellite Internet Service. When we started the service a couple of months ago (in July), we had no problems with Explorer connecting with the internet (no error messages). After downloading “Zonealarm Internet security Suite” via the HughesNet web tools application, we were able to configure ZoneAlarm and access the internet once (no errors messages). The next time we started up the computer ZoneAalarm windows came up but the computer “froze” (the mouse stayed as an hourglass) and we could not access any windows. The only thing we could do was shut down the computer and restart it. But when the computer was restarted (each time) the computer would have the same “freeze-up” situation occurring.

Hughes Net technical support advised us to uninstall Zone alarm and find a security suite that would work on the computer. We uninstalled ZoneAlarm (had to restart the computer in Safe mode). When we restarted the computer in normal mode, we started to get the “explorer.exe-no disk” errors.

I hope this further explains the situation.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online