1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Explorer.exe not work: no desktop and no start menu

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pirk, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pirk

pirk Thread Starter

First I must tell you that I dont speek english very well.

I have some proplems with WindowsXP. I had some Visa Pack 3 Theme for WinXP which didn't work properly. I uninstall that pack, and now I have this kind of proplem:

Now when I try to start Windows, comes first message error which says that Explore.exe not work. Then Windows don't load desktop or start menu. All I have on the screen is my current wallpaper. I cant even right click on the desktop.
    The only way I can access any programs would be through CTRL+ALT+DEL --> RUN.
    I tried to start explorer.exe through CTRL+ALT+DEL --> RUN but the same error message comes immediately.

Can somebody help me?

2. daddyhominum

daddyhominum

Hit F8 while rebooting and select last good configuration

and/or

Try a restore from the command line

run>C:\WINDOWS\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

3. vickyponting

vickyponting

I am having same problem. I tried rebooting, F8 and last good configuration. It didn't work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!