explorer.exe running at almost 100%

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fireball1624

For some reason now whenever i try to do just about anything, but especially stuff in windows explorer my computer lags out severly and when i open up the task manager it shows that explorer.exe is running at almost 100%. so far the only thing that has made this better is to set its priority to low, but it still severly slows the computer and i can't use windows explorer and other random things dont work. i've also gotton notifications from microsoft's antispyware thing about browseui.dll and i'm not sure if thats related. I'm running xp pro sp2 w/ all the updates. if you need any other specs just ask...

thanks

jrbuergel

Jim
I would first run scans for viruses, worms, trojans, and for sure spyware useing good updated programs with the current definitions. And you could try the system file checker tool too, which is hit start, run, and type in this; sfc /scannow, (with that space too).

fireball1624

i've ran avg free like 6 times in safe mode and normal and its updated; i've ran adaware and microsoft antispyware too...and i'm running the sfc right now...*crosses fingers*

fireball1624

well i did that sfc and the first regestry deletion from that link and so far so good...i hope i keeps working...thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online