Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Explorer.EXE vs. explorer.exe

4K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  oswazi 
#1 ·
i'm gonna make this one a quick one but i can't seem to figure this out...

When i first boot my laptop i notice in the Processes that explorer is spelled as the following:
Explorer.EXE ....Now i also notice that when i hover over the taskbar for info it bubbles behind opened windows.

Ok...so then i go to spybot and look at tasks and end Explorer.EXE and it refreshes and explorer.exe and then the taskbar bubbles once hovered over appear over the windows.

I have checked out all spyware and virus software and they pull nothing.

an clues??

#2 ·
Do a file search,ensuring system and hidden files are selected, and look for Explorer.exe.

You should only find it in c:\Windows, system32\dllcache and ServicepackFiles\i386. (capitalization is not important)

If you wish, download install and run HiJackThis and post back the LOG file in a reply post for review.

#3 ·
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 1:17:53 PM, on 7/8/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\taskmgr.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Omi\Desktop\HiJackThis_v2.exe

O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [ShowDeskFix] regsvr32 /s /n /i:u shell32 (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\RunOnce: [IE7-10] rundll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSectionEx NR_IE7en.inf,AfterUserStart,,4,N (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\RunOnce: [ShowDeskFix] regsvr32 /s /n /i:u shell32 (User 'Default user')
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll

I might be a little crazy, but it's just something i noticed that the info bubbles onl come back when i end that first explorer and then it comes back lower case..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.