1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Explorer.exe Won't Load

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by MrBrooks, Jan 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MrBrooks

MrBrooks Thread Starter

Yesterday I downgraded internet explorer 10. Now when I turned on my computer I get a message that says:

Setting up personalized settings for:
    Web Platform Customizations

And my explorer.exe won't load. It's just a blank screen and that message.
    I am not really sure if the IE10 downgrade really caused this but this isn't the first time downgrading IE messed things up.
    Last time I had IE9, I tried to downgrade it to 8. It caused my IE to not work properly. The settings doesn't open, and it crashes when I type something in the address bar. I tried to reinstall IE9 but it says I still have the latest version.
    So what I did was install IE10 because I know it won't come up with the "you already have the latest version" error. And I succeeded installing IE10.
    And yesterday, I tried to downgrade IE10.
    And today, 2 things aren't working. My IE is not working properly again (same problem as before again).
    And my explorer.exe is not working too (coming up with that message above).

Things I've Tried:

• End explorer.exe in processes and rerunning it.
    • Restarted my computer.

2. robertdamer

robertdamer

3. MrBrooks

MrBrooks Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
    Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5300 @ 2.60GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2047 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 92228 MB, Free - 40352 MB; E: Total - 60361 MB, Free - 47837 MB; K: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 58995 MB;
    Motherboard: ASRock, G31M-S
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Disabled

4. Lance1

Lance1

Download Revo Free Uninstaller and delete all that you find of IE and get back the IE9 that cane with Win 7. Restart the system. Do you get the same problem? I personal hate IE! and have bin a Firefox user for years and stand by it. You may want to do the same.

5. MrBrooks

MrBrooks Thread Starter

Here's what I did:
    I ran Adanvced SystemCare Pro.
    Clicked Scan. (Performs Malware Removal, Privacy Sweep, Internet Boost, Registry Defrag, Security Defense, Vulnerability Fix, Registry Fix, Junk Files Clean, Shortcuts Fix, System Optimization, Disk Scan, and Disk Defragment)
    I always do this, I never experience problem.
    Then I ran Revo Uninstaller Pro.
    I couldn't find IE so I just clicked Junk Files Cleaner.
    And it deleted tmp and db(I think?) files.
    I restarted my computer and explorer.exe is working fine now. No more messages.
    BUT THEN. My mouse stopped moving, I can still left click and right click.
    So I thought maybe I'll restart again.
    Now this time, my mouse no longer glows, the cursor doesn't move, but I can still left and right click.

Explorer.exe now works. Now my mouse doesn't move. It only left click and right clicks. It seems to be on the bottom left corner of my screen.

6. MrBrooks

MrBrooks Thread Starter

This is insane. I tried system restore. explorer.exe isn't working again, but the mouse is also still not working. Now I can't use Advanced SystemCare or Revo Uninstaller because keyboard navigation doesn't work.

EDIT:

Okay I found a way to launch restore point again to undo the change. explorer.exe is fine now, but it's weird how my mouse suddenly stopped working. The same time my computer had problem.

Does it have a chip on it or something and maybe I deleted a file on it so it's malfunctioning. My mouse is Dragunov.

I am using my Wacom Bamboo Tablet as a mouse and it works fine. I tried to apply the Dragunov on another computer and it also moves and stucks the cursor to the bottom left of the screen. This is a different problem now from my original title, but it seems it is related in a way that it probably caused my mouse to malfunction.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083613

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice