1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

explorer freezes, then blue screen error

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bingo grino, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bingo grino

bingo grino Thread Starter

I couldn't find this problem yet in your forums, so here goes.
    I have Windows ME, Internet Explorer 6.0
    When I browse, the system will freeze up. I ctr. alt del. and the blue screen will come up.
    I will get OD:0246:016747FB, then the error OD:OD12:0167268B
    other times a couple of different code will show up.
    THen I usually have to re-boot....because the system has changed to a black screen and NO movement happens.
    Re-boot and then I get a disjointed "Active Desktop Recovery" button.

I have run AdAware and Spybot S&D...nothing comes up but the typical things if anything.
    Virus Scan shows nothing as well

I have tried to find this topic in other forums, but without luck. So it is time I start asking questions.

The bingo grino

2. kimmer13

kimmer13

Do you use a program called "Second Chance" ? If so uninstall and reinstall it.

Other things to try: Run SFC to check for corrupted or damaged files. Restart Windows. Go into ControlPanel's Add/Remove Programs and locate InternetExplorer 6.1 and click on Add/Remove. You should get 3 options - choose Repair. When done, you should be prompted to restart Windows again.

Let us know how it goes.

3. bingo grino

bingo grino Thread Starter

Thanks for the response.
    I don't use Second Chance.
    I tried the add/remove without any luck. It happened again right after I rebooted.
    What is SFC?

P.S. I have been a Packer fan for a long time!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326749

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice