1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

explorer has caused an error on gdill.32

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by JustMeTera, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JustMeTera

JustMeTera Thread Starter

What does this mean?

Get this error every time i go to use the task bar....it freezes up and get this message

2. SexyTech

SexyTech

are you sure it doesn't refer to the file "gdi32.dll"?

3. JustMeTera

JustMeTera Thread Starter

Ok....you're gonna think I'm stupid...lol

This is a friend of mine's error, and she says that you are indeed correct....is gdi32.dll sorry

4. SexyTech

SexyTech

Try booting in Safe Mode and see if the error is there too!

5. kyredhead

kyredhead

yes it is still there in safe mode

6. kyredhead

kyredhead

error messege reads " Explorer has caused an error in GDI32.DLL . EXPLORER wILL NO CLOSE.

7. kyredhead

kyredhead

can someone please help....tired of pc freezing up, and having to unplug it to get it to ork

8. Krall

Krall

Usually gdi32.dll is associated with printing. Have you just added a new printer to your computer?

9. miked2u

miked2u

I apologize in advance if jumping in on this thread is somehow impolite, but I figured it's better then starting a new thread. I have similar problems to the original post (i.e. gdi32.dll) not to mention errors in user32.dll when using IE 6.0.2 (and modzilla before i removed it). The thing that sparked my interest however was the last (post) question relating to installing a new printer. I recently purchased/installed a photo printer (canon i560) and was wondering how that would trigger a invalid page fault in gdi32.dll???

Windows 98
    P II processor
    320MB RAM
    IE 6.0.2

Please let me know if you need any more information, and thank you in advance for shedding any light on the subject.

10. skyman

skyman

Go to google and copy and paste this in the search bar and you will find the info that you need.

gdi32.dll

11. miked2u

miked2u

I've actually tried that before, but I'm sure it couldn't hurt to look again. Thanks.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168278

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice