explorer has preformed an illegal...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jay911

hi recently my pc (windows 98se) has gave me a message explorer has preformed an illegal ... and the rest sometimes it doesn't do anything and i just say ok. and other times it will make my pc not respond and i end up restarting. is there anything i can do to stop this

One thing you might is a reinstall of Win98 on top of the current version. Hopefully have either the CD or the files on the hard drive. If it's a corrupted system file, sometimes this can fix it. Shouldn't take that long.

jay911

i dont really have that big of a hard drive. would there be a certain file/s that are bad that i could add new ones

You don't need a big drive to reinstall Win98. Do you have the source files on a CD or already on the hard drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online