1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

explorer keeps closing!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Dange_mouse, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Dange_mouse

Dange_mouse Thread Starter

Ok here goes i have xp pro sp1 whick had ie6 on it all was fine when surfing net. I then updated toxp pro sp2 with ie6 again all was good until i then recieved a update. now i got errors "ie must close blah blah"and my internet closes so i tryed ie7 but i still get these errors and even on fire fox. There mainly regarding mshtml.dll file appver: 7.0.6000.16512. But do get urlmon.dll errors

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Dan O

Dan O

Have you tried uninstalling the last update?

Open Control Panel and go to Add/Remove Programs to uninstall it.

Also you may want to try to upgrade your BIOS, which some times a old version is not compatible with SP2 and the latest updates.

3. Dange_mouse

Dange_mouse Thread Starter

Yer i tried the update thing this never worked any other ideas? isnt flashin the bios risky?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/612179