1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Explorer keeps opening new windows without my interaction

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by bigal1, Aug 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bigal1

bigal1 Thread Starter

Hi,

Can you please help. I have Windows XP and Explorer 8. IE keeps opening new windows. Most of the time I get the connection failed message with the address 'javascript:clickRefresh()' but sometimes it manages to open a website, usually either a sex or money lending site. If I leave my computer for an hour or so there are about a doxen new windows to close. I have made sure virus checker is up to date. I assume windows has been kept up to date but cannot check as the microsoft site seems to have been blocked. This has slowed down my computer and often I cannot get through to known good sites as it is too slow.

I am afraid my knowledge of computers is limited to novice so I will need your help.

Many thanks,

Alan

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/939950