Explorer message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

roalex

Hi! this is the message when I get to windows " This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down" once you pressed ok! it does not go no where, even in safe Mode gives me the same message and what can I do because I did not back up my files or how can I restore it to a different date from DOS?

Thank you for your answers.

roalex

Dai and how do I run the system file checker? from dos?
because I already run de Scanreg /restore but it told me that the restore failed.
Thank you...

dai

i have not used 98 for a long time
boot from the boot disk and type help,and it will give the list of commands

roalex

well, nothing seems to work... and I don't kwon how to get to my first page or to get rid off the message error.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Which scanreg restore date did you try? The very oldest one? If so, they always fail. Do you have a choice of others?

roalex

differente ones but none work...
the computer starts but then it gives the explorer message and i was hoping one of you could have the aswer..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online