1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Explorer mfc42.dll error message

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by GreatOne9803, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreatOne9803

GreatOne9803 Thread Starter

Anything on my desktop that i try to open, from My Documents, My Computer, the REcycle bin, any Folder on my desktop, i can't open at all. It says explorer has caused an error in Mfc42.dll. I can't even search for files at all. When i go through the start menu to search for the files, it gives me the same error message. I can't do anything. For about three days before this, it would only give me this message when i double clicked on the icon to open it. I could still get through by right-clicking and clicking "explore." Now, no matter how i try to open those icons, i can't get to them at all without the error message.

Also, now that this problem is occuring, i can't get to my control panel either with out getting the Kernel32.dll error message. I really don't know much about how to fix these problems, as Im not as great with a computer as I want to be. Can someone help me with these problems?

Also, it seems that all these functions work fine in Safe Mode.All other functions on my desktop such as AOL and any games i have still work fine, it's just these file folders and the my computer that is giving me the problem. Is there something corrupted or is there a conflicting file that is preventing these things to open? I can't even get to the My Computer or My Documents. Thanks...

Phil

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi GreatOne9803, Welcome to TSG !!
    Try this link . It should provide you with something that will help.

3. GreatOne9803

GreatOne9803 Thread Starter

Thank you for your help! After a lot of frozen screens and reboots, the problem seems to have been alevieated, although I'm not entirely sure how it was done. If there is any more problems, i'l be sure to let you all know. THanks and glad to be here.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117399

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice