1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Explorer PhotoStick

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by goldrush, Jan 11, 2019 at 1:04 PM.

Advertisement
  1. goldrush

goldrush Thread Starter

I have just bought a PhotoStick. I am afraid that it is going to be hard for me to grasp the details of using it. 1. No problem plugging into a usb. 2. What and where is explorer file? I am told to double click on 'The PhotoStick Windows exe. 3. Click 'Go' 4. When complete remove the PhotoStick, and store in a safe place. ? Store what in a safe place? Where and what is a safe place? I really need some help. Thank you.

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

On windows 10 - File explorer is ThisPC - right click white Microsoft icon bottom left of desktop - click File Explorer OR simply click ThisPC icon on desktop if you have it.
    so you open that and you see this
    Untitled.png
    and your PhotoStick appears in devices and drives

Store in Safe place refers to the PhotoStick - safe is wherever you choose, but in dry house warm atmosphere. Not of course in a damp, cold location

Referring to use and file explorer - as indeed on the instructions and image here
    https://thephotostick.myshopify.com/pages/starting-thephotostick
    where you can see the This PC

ON other than 10 and 8.1 eg 7 it is Computer from start menu

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019 at 4:57 PM
    goldrush likes this.
  3. goldrush

goldrush Thread Starter

Thanks a lot. I am about to give your advice a go. I will report back.!

4. Macboatmaster

Cheers will wait to hear from you

5. goldrush

goldrush Thread Starter

Well, I hope that this how I reply. I certainly managed to follow your instructions, and all seems OK. Miracle. My next problem actually is, How do I get my photo's from my camera onto my computer, where do they go so that I can view them, or use them , or print them , or send them to people.? Hope that I am not being to greedy asking for all this help. Thank you.

6. goldrush

goldrush Thread Starter

Have I replied on the right part?

7. Macboatmaster

No problem, that is why we are here to help
    However when you reply type in the box that appears when you return to the topic, not by clicking reply on a previous post and therefore quoting back what has been said before

How you get the photos from the camera to the computer depends very much on the camera but generally presuming you mean a camera that you can connect to the computer rather than an inbuilt or connected webcam - you connect the camera usb and usually on the camera menu it asks do you wish to connect to computer to view and transfer data
    You select yes on the camera and then the files on the camera open and you simply send what you want to the pictures folder on the computer
    An example is here
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17449/windows-7-import-pictures
    10 is the same more or less but here is a full guide for 10
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-windows/d8258fff-729e-45df-8afd-1f1195d7b6c5
    If it does not help provide the make and full model of the camera

8. goldrush

goldrush Thread Starter

OK. Thanks again. I will absorb all of your help once more. back tomorrow.

9. Macboatmaster

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1221733

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice