1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

explorer uses all my cpu power when running flash player or java

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Bahamut, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bahamut

Bahamut Thread Starter

my comps specs:
    640 mb ram
    750mhz
    win xp
    internet explorer 6
    sp1 installed

The problem is that everytime i go to a site like
    http://www.square-enix.co.jp/dvd/ff7ac, my comp starts to load the page (very slowly) and then stops responding and i end up having to end explorer.exe. With java runtime environment v1.4.2_05 when i play a game using java the game laggs badly. At first i thought it was a virus/spyware of some sort so i scaned my system with ad-aware se, stinger, and spybot-search and destroy. It came up with some things and i cleaned them up. But after doing all that i still had the same problem. I have been stuck on this for about 4 days any help would be very appreciated. Also as a side note i have a LAN internet connetion 100mb/s, and noticed a older version of java in a hijack this log. Thanks for your time.

2. 5mi11er

5mi11er

Java can get messed up pretty easily. I have a laptop that basically needs to be reloaded because the M$ version of java that comes with IE was damaged when uninstalling a version of Sun's JRE. Reinstalling java hasn't fixed any of my issues.

If you've got a third version of java, or spy ware has corrupted things, you might want to think about a total system reinstall. But try doing some winsock fixes etc before you do that. You never know, you might get lucky...

-Scott

3. Bahamut

Bahamut Thread Starter

thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/276041

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice