1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Export email in Windows Mail into Access 2007?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Denys, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

Hi,

In my business, I recieve forms from customers in Windows Mail. However, I would like to 'easily' import the form details into an access database.

What is the simplest way to do this? (Please do not say copy and paste the details!)

Denys

2. OBP

OBP It's My Birthday!

What sort of Form?
    There is no way to export the form from Windows Mail to Access, Windows mail does not have macros or VBA.
    It can export to Outlook or Exchange if you have them.

3. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

Hi,

OK in that case, I would like to save emails sent to/from clients in some sort of databse or folder.

Is this possible? Or is there another way of organising email sent to/from customers?

Denys

4. OBP

OBP It's My Birthday!

The Access database can keep a record of the emails that it sends to clients.
    But you could save the incoming emails to a folder which saves them .eml files, which when double clicked open the email using Windows Mail.
    You could then have a table which lists the files in that folder.

You mentioned "Forms that clients fill out and return", what kind of forms are they?

5. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

1) Hi if possible, could you show me how to make folders for different contacts and when an email is sent to/from that contact it saves to the folder of that contact?

2) Sorry what do you mean by 'what kind of forms'?

Should I send a Print Screen image of what the form looks like when I recieve it in Windows Mail or on my website?

Denys

6. OBP

OBP It's My Birthday!

You just create a folder for each Contact and when the email is open do a Save As to the folder.
    But it is going to be a great deal of work, so it would probably be easier to save them all in one folder.

Yes a screen print would help.

7. OBP

OBP It's My Birthday!

You could also do the File>Save as and save the email as a Text file (.txt) which can be read from Access.

8. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm pretty sure it's not possible, but is there any way to make an email from a contact go automatically to it's specific folder or do I need to do this manually?

Also, when you save the message as a .txt file, how do you insert it into an access database?

Please tell me out of the two options (.txt and contact folders), which is the easiest to use? (in the case the contact folder option - after folders are created for each contact)

Thanks,

Denys

9. OBP

OBP It's My Birthday!

The emails can go "Automatically" to the Folders within Windows Mail by using "Rules".
    See Windows Mail Help.
    Those Folders are stored in the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail folder.

You didn't show a Printscreen of a Form.

10. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

Here is attatched file

Attached Files:

11. OBP

OBP It's My Birthday!

Have you got a Table set up to accept all those fields of data?

12. Denys

Denys Thread Starter

no, will tell you when i have!

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/893168

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice