export outlook express

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maxmelbin

How to export outlook express folders to Microsoft Outlook on another machine ... ??

Anne Troy

Anne
Sorry. I don't have time to find out exactly, but thought you might like that link.

maxmelbin said:
How to export outlook express folders to Microsoft Outlook on another machine ... ??
In Windows XP,here is step by step:

1.On your old machine go to the folder " C:\Documents and Settings\"your main account"\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities
2.Copy the "Identities" folder to CD (burn CD)
3.Create Outlook Express account on the new machine
4.On your new machine create new folder in C:\ directory (or another,if you have another partition)naming it whatever you like("Spare Identities" for instance)
5.On the new machine,go to the folder named like in step 1,but continue on,through the numbers and letters folder,then Microsoft,to Outlook Express: C:\Documents and Settings\"your main account"\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{your folder with letters and numbers}\Microsoft\Outlook Express
6.On the new machine,inside Outlook Express folder go to: "edit"----->select all,then from "edit" or right mouse click do the "copy"
7.Go to newly created folder from step 4 and "paste" it there
8.On the new machine,go back to inside Outlook Express,delete the files there
9.Stick the CD with Identities in the CD drive,click on "Identities",open the folder with the numbers and letters,then Microsoft,then Outlook Express
10.On the CD,repeat step 6-go to "edit"----->select all,then from "edit" or right mouse click do the "copy"
11.On the new machine,go to the folder like in step 5:
C:\Documents and Settings\"your main account"\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{your folder with letters and numbers}\Microsoft\Outlook Express
12."Paste" it there
That's it!
The new folder is to keep data just in case,to be able to put it back the way it was,if needs be
If you have more than one identity in Outlook Express,you will have to determine which one belongs to who,or do it by trial and error
Hope I didn't miss anything,and that what I posted will be of help!
Ask if something is not clear
Good luck and happy computing!

maxmelbin

I am aware of that method , by that we can transfer to Outlook Express on other computer , and then open Microsoft Outlook and then inport it into it .. but
what i want to know is ..
there is an option in OE wherin we can export messages to Outlook or Microsoft Exhange , when we click on it it asks which folder we want to export , after that it starts exporting them , but afetr that it just vanishes away .. Does it create any file like .pst or anyhting which can then be imported into outlook and if yes where does it store it ...

Dreamboat , not yet checked your link .. will check it right away ....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online