1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Exporting an Address Book Group

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kabe, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kabe

kabe Thread Starter

Hi

I have a named Group in my Address Book containing a large number of contacts who are mailed regularly. I have been defeated in my attempts to export the Group so that it may be used by someone else on another computer. I am able to export my entire Address book, but not it seems a single Group within it.

Is there a way to do this?? I am using Outlook Express 6 in Windows 2000 Pro.

Keith:(

2. Ol' Young

Ol' Young

Hi Keith,

I duplicated your problem on my system,Windows 98se and OE 5.5. I fooled around to see if I could resolve it and I found a way that might work on your system. Basically I exported my whole Address Book to my word processor. Then I reopened the new file in my word processer and since it is now only a copy of the original I could manipulate it without harm to the original. So I deleted all the Group Folders except the one I wanted to transmit. I saved and closed the revised file. Next I located it in Windows Explorer, right clicked on it and chose Send to and Mail Recipient. That opened a new email with the new file as an Attachment - -all ready for you to address, comment and send. When your recipient double clicks on the Attachment box he will have an exact copy of your Group folder.

I usually check things out by emailing it to myself. It worked in my setup. Hope this will help you solve your problem. Good luck. If I can help further please holler.

Ol' Young

3. kabe

kabe Thread Starter

Hi Ol'

Thanks for the helpful and timely reply. I can duplicate what you have done, but the problem is, when the recipient receives the attachment, how does he get it into his address book so that he can send email to the memebers of the group?

Keith

4. Ol' Young

Ol' Young

You got me on that one, kabe. I guess I got you only part way there. I'll keep working on it but I think I'm getting in over my head. Maybe someone more knowledgeable can jump in here and give us a hand. If I run across anything I'll get back with you. Good luck

Ol' Young

Anyone.........??

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112466

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice