1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Exporting AutoCAD bases to VISSIM

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by johnsmith1758, Aug 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnsmith1758

johnsmith1758 Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a nightmare of problem that nobody else seems to be able to help with, so I've registered here. Please excuse my being a novice at this sort of forum...!

I have an AutoCAD 2005 drawing that I would like to use as a base in a VISSIM (Version 4.10.14) model. I am having problems in getting VISSIM to recognise the hatch patterns used in my drawing, primarily I think it's just solid hatch, however there may be one or two others.

I have tried to bring the .dwg file in as a background, and the hatching is left off the drawing. I have attempted to remedy this by saving as both a 2000 and R14 type .dwg. I even reinstalled CAD R14 on another computer, and saved back even further in an effort to remedy the problem. I read in the VISSIM user manual that it doesn't necessarily recognise the latest versions of Autodesk files. When none of these attempts made any difference I saved the drawing as a .dxf file, again using 2004, 2000 and R14 CAD. There is no problem using the file as a background, but, as with the .dwg files, it fails to load the hatch patterns.

I tried exporting the drawing in .jpg, .bmp and .png formats. While this does work, and the hatch patterns appear in my VISSIM background, it is seemingly impossible to save them in an adequate resolution. This results in lines and the edges where hatches meet being blurred and very unclear when zooming in VISSIM. It is vital to note at this juncture that the hatches are an integral part of the drawing, and that clarity is paramount. Ideally, the solution would be to use a vector format file (.dwg, .dxf or similar), as this gives remarkably good clarity, even when zoomed very close up. If there were some way to ensure the hatch patterns would be shown when the file is added as a VISSIM background this would be perfect.

I realise that this is probably quite a bizarre question, and I apologise for that! Any help would be so much appreciated. If nobody has any ideas I'll get hold of the VISSIM developers and see if they have any clues. I've delayed doing that as my German isn't so good!

Regards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/491171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice