1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Exporting Information from Excel to Word

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jfay, Nov 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jfay

jfay Thread Starter

I have a form that is in Microsoft Word format and I am trying to pull information from Excel for highlighting. I am looking for Word to check the contents on the Excel spreadsheet and highlight the area on Word if necessary. Does anyone know how to do this? I have already incorporated the mail merger feature on this form and an envelope, however I would like to highlight the necessary areas of the form depending on the contents of the spreadsheet.

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Can you post your sample documents?

Rollin

3. jfay

jfay Thread Starter

Attached is an example of the excel spreadsheet. I cannot upload the word document as it is not a valid file extension for upload. I am trying to highlight a word on the Word Document if column D is filled in on the sample spreadsheet.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

4. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Zip the Word document and post it or manually change the file extension to .txt and post it and we can change it back after downloading.

Rollin

5. jfay

jfay Thread Starter

Here is a txt file. I do not believe that I have the capability to zip a file on this computer. It should work the same even without the format. I am simply trying to highlight a word if a certain cell is filled in the Excel spreadsheet.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

• Form.txt
      File size:
      131 bytes
      Views:
  6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

I have downloaded both the Excel and Word files but I'm still a little confused by what you are trying to accomplish. Can you explain in detail once more what you are trying to accomplish? It should be easier for me to understand now that I see the actual data.

Rollin

7. jfay

jfay Thread Starter

I am trying to highlight the word "YTD" in the word document if column "D" in the excel spreadsheet has a number (not a 0). Does that make sense?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/518296

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice