Exporting Macros - Photoshop 7.0 MAC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Couriant

James
Does anyone know how to export macros in Photoshop? I'm sure its the same for both PC and Mac but this is for a Mac machine. Thanx in advanced :)

Couriant

James
Anyone? Or should I get this moved to Mac support?

When you refer to Macros---are you referring to Actions----and yes, anything with that is .atn is cross platform usable.

Couriant

James
Yeah my bad... i'm thinking of M$ there... :) So how would I do it, simple drag and drop of the .atn file into the target's photoshop directory?

You can actually place them anywhere you want on your computer, but it is probably wise to create a subdirectory in a Photoshop file tree. Then you just load them from Photoshop.

Couriant

James
(y) I will try that tomorrow :) I will let you know if i have done it or need more help :D

applications folder>adobe photoshop folder>presets folder>actions folder...drop .atn files in there for Photoshop to properly recognize at launch of the program in os x

Couriant

James
I searched for the atn files but it looks like i got the defaults instead. I will look into it more.

ok in your adobe photoshop folder there is a presets folder inside the presets folder is the actions folder (as well as a lot of other folders) ...drop .atn files in there it is very simple

Couriant

James
Where is the default actions located? I have seem to have lost it now

Nevermind I have found it, though the actions within that atn file i made are gone :(

I told you where the actions are located thanks not responsible for anything else and nice day. bye. Good luck.

Couriant

James
macguru said:
I told you where the actions are located thanks not responsible for anything else and nice day. bye. Good luck.
uh... ok... :confused: no need to be rude. I never said you were responsible..

I know you told me where they were. The actions that were made were in the Default Actions file. They were not in a separate .atn file (I didn't make them at the time). I tried to make a new one, and I thought I transferred the actions to the new atn file but I didn't save it and lost them. I will need to remake them again and make sure that i save it.

Apologies not being rude just wondered if you had any trouble finding the proper folder wanted to make sure you were following the proper file path. I am concerned something has been modified in your photoshop. Ok Maybe actions are not supported in Photoshop 7 if there is no default actions folder I would check at this point with Adobe tech support miss.

Couriant

James
myself said:
Nevermind I have found it...
I would have thought this would have summed it up :D

I had to remake them and this time i have saved them :) I think the default actions are somwhere in the application itself and not as a normal .atn file.

Thanks for putting me in the right direction though.,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online