1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Exporting Microsoft Outlook

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by phyljack1, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. phyljack1

phyljack1 Thread Starter

When I export to a file, the file is saved as an EXCEL file. I don't use EXCEL.
    Can someone walk me through the process, please.

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What are you exporting, and what type of file are you selecting during the export?

3. phyljack1

phyljack1 Thread Starter

File: Import & Export
    Export to a file
    Comma Separated Values (Windows)
    Contacts
    C:My Documents\MS Outlook Contacts.CSV
    Replace file: yes
    Click Finish to export "Contacts" from folder: Contacts

4. lister

lister

A .csv isn't inherently an excel file, you can open it in notepad for example, but it will lay out the info in a more readable way.

Many applications can open and layout info in csv files, a web editor is one such.

As DoubleHelix asked, what sort of file are you exporting and what do you want to open it in?

5. phyljack1

phyljack1 Thread Starter

I use two computers. Are you telling me that I would be able to import the csv file into the second PC and have both MS Outlooks have the same information?

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You could just copy the PST file over. However, that won't affect the behavior of new e-mails. For that you'd have to configure Outlook to leave the messages on your provider's servers and then manually delete them from there.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/735454

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice