1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

exporting Outlook Express to Outlook Express

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by AFS16554, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AFS16554

AFS16554 Thread Starter

Hi,

I want to export messages from Outlook Express on my old machine to Outlook Express on my new machine. How do I do it if I don't have Microsoft Exchange server or don't want to export them to Outlook. I'm using Micosoft Office Pro 2003. Thank you in advance.

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

The files you are looking for are in a folder called Outlook Express and will have the extensions .dbx

They will be in a directory path similar to the one I've include below except for the number enclosed in braces. If you don't find a path similar then just do a search for the directory Outlook Express.

C:\Documents and Settings\YOUR USER NAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{F71B2263-58F5-45EF-8A2D-B337C0C73961}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

Just replace the .dbx files on the new machine with the .dbx files from the old machine.

Rollin

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/599941

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice