Exporting Outlook messages?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Sasquatch

I know how to download an email from Outlook 2003 to a Windows Explorer folder... piece of cake.

However, if I want to download or export a couple hundred of them from one Outlook folder, how do I keep them as separate files in the WE folder? When I try to download more than one at a time they end up in the same text file, or if exported, and Access, Excel, et al, file. I can't imagine having to download them one at a time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
HI Sasquatch

Not sure if I am entirely clear on what you are trying to accomplish.
You can download? a message from Outlook 2003 to Windows Explorer?

Or, are you saying you know how to drag a message from Outlook 2003 to Windows Explorer?
If the latter, just select the messages you want, left click and hold on the selected messages and drag into their destination folder. Release the mouse, allow Windows time to copy over the messages.

Is that what you are looking for?

Or, are you attempting to make backups of Outlook 2003?
If that is the case, make a copy of your .pst files and open them with Outlook:
File > Open > Outlook Data File
Browse to and select the .pst file.

Let us know.

Sasquatch

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle... :D

For whatever reason, I never even considered "drag and drop" to WE folders. I just figured it had to be "Save As" or "Export".

Thanks. You've just saved me a ton of time and effort. (y)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online