ExpressVPN

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

naturalcolor

Hi!
Just wondering what is the purpose of having an express VPN account? I like soccer and could watch the live streaming of the world cup soccer match between Brazil and Costa Rica on my laptop for free. The sound and picture quality was perfect. I am in Japan. Why would you need a VPN? Any info on this appreciated. Thanks, Chris

TerryNet

Terry
Why would you need a VPN?
For privacy. For example, many companies have set up a VPN for their employees to use when using company computers remotely. Some homeowners set up a VPN so that they can access their IP cameras remotely with additional protection from others. Note that a VPN is end to end.

The reason, as you probably know, to "need" a proxy server (usually claimed to be a "VPN" such as the one in your title) is to circumvent restrictions or to try to hide yourself when doing something shady. These services are not end to end.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online