1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ext hard drive formatted for PS4

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Jakobjakob, Aug 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jakobjakob

Jakobjakob Thread Starter

Hi folks,

I have a 1tb hard drive containing movies, music etc.

I connected this hard drive to my PlayStation 4, and from what I remember (it’s been a while) let the ps format the drive in order for it to be compatible with the ps.
    After doing this, the ps did not find any files on the drive.

Now when connecting the hard drive to my laptop (windows 10) the drive isn’t found and I can’t access any of the files.

Did I just loose all my movies and music, or is there a way of either making the drive work with my laptop, or extracting the files?

Thanks in advance, any help is much appreciated

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    If you formatted it then it most likely is gone. There are utilities that claim to be able to recover deleted partitions. However, in this case I think it'll be difficult.
    One of those utilities is Easeus' Partition Recovery. You can find a trial version HERE. It'll tell you if the data can be recovered prior to purchasing the full utility.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231535

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice