Extended Display and Scrolling Changing Media Volume Issue

java_momma

Hi!

I'm running dual monitors with extended display. Left is Display 1, right is Display 2. Display 2 is currently listed as "make this my main display." All works well and as expected/intended. However, I am looking at Display 1 more often and want all things to pop-up on Display 1. As soon as I make Display 1 "my main display" any scrolling I do on Display 2 controls the volume/media for the system instead of scrolling pages (to scroll I have to click on the scroll bars and drag up/down/left/right). When I switch back (display 2 main display), scrolling resumes as normal for both monitors again.

I'm looking to make Display 1 the main monitor while being able to scroll pages as normal on Display 2.

Am I missing something? Or is it dependent on something else? Both are LG monitors.

Thank you for the help!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200917092850.000000-240
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 30 Stepping 5, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 5570, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 919 GB (590 GB Free); D: 931 GB (929 GB Free);
Motherboard: MSI IONA, ver 1.0
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver HPQOEM - 20100128, s/n 4CE0130VFG
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
OK, these are not touch screen... I had a somewhat different issue where both my monitors are touchscreen but when I was using one, it will perform the touch on the other screen...

Does the audio come from these monitors? have you tried removing Display2 from the computer to see if it continues with just display1?

I have seen software listed that can perform this task but you would need to hold down another key.

java_momma

OK, these are not touch screen... I had a somewhat different issue where both my monitors are touchscreen but when I was using one, it will perform the touch on the other screen...

Does the audio come from these monitors? have you tried removing Display2 from the computer to see if it continues with just display1?

I have seen software listed that can perform this task but you would need to hold down another key.
No audio from the monitors; I have external speakers directly to the tower. I will try the full-on removal after work, however, using the settings and switching to "Display 1 Only" and "Display 2 Only" makes the scrolling feature work as intended on both.

I will do the full removal and follow up later today. Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online