1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"Extender Fatal Error"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Biff54, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Biff54

Biff54 Thread Starter

Wow !
    I,m a new member. Guy forum was recommended by a friend. I just read the last post, Great reply. I'm kind of new on pc's. I've learned a little by myself. the problem I have is when I turn on my pc, I get "Extender Fatal Error" invalid or missing resource files in the installation directory. Reinstall Extended Player. My friend told me that this had something to do with a piggyback, from a game or game site and to get with you guy's to remove it. So here I am.

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Trusted Advisor

EXETender is software used with online games from a site named FreeRide Games. Do you play their games? If not, here are instructions for removing the software: http://support.freeridegames.com/questions.php?questionid=77

If this doesn't work, let us know. We can remove the startup for it next:

Press the Windows key + R to open a Run box.
    Type in msconfig
    Select the Startup tab.
    Uncheck the following entry and Exentender won't pop up anymore:
    O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Exetender] "C:\Program Files\Free Ride Games\GPlayer.exe" /runonstartup

3. Biff54

Biff54 Thread Starter

Thank you for your advice. I tried to do everything you advised,it didn't work. So I went into my c/drive and hit program files and found everything there. I deleted all that stuff and it worked. I put intermediate, but you could say I'm a beginner. I do want to learn how to fix this stuff. Thank you for your help

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!