1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

extender not seen by wifi

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Babs1, Aug 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babs1

Babs1 Thread Starter

I have a new netgear n300range extender, have tried to install it so the router will see it, tried it in all rooms of home and the office where the router is, thought getting this extender would stop my ipad dropping out when in another room. The power LED & WPS LED lights up solid green but can't get the Router Link LED or Client ink LED. have turned off the router and (big pond Thomson TG782T) have a iMac5 running Yosemite 10.10.6 and a HP windows 8.1 connected. I have tried to connect it with WPS as in the booklet and also with web browser Setup still nothing neither computer can see the extender but it shows on the ipad as Big Pond Ext. any suggestions ??

2. tuga

tuga

Check the antenna.

3. Babs1

Babs1 Thread Starter

Yes I have checked the antenna. Message I keep getting is that the extender is not connected to router. I'm not sure what else I can do to connect it to router.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1176089

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice