1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Extending document/image with HTML

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by sher07, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sher07

sher07 Thread Starter

Dear friends:

I would like to extend, stretch out the document on the home page of my web site at:

http://www.immortalgems.com

That is, I would like to expand the page vertically and to allow the user to scroll down the page. In addition, I would like to extend the menus/columns on the right and left of the main area. And, finally, I would like to add all this extra space BEFORE the closing footer (About us, Contact us, etc.) so that this closing footer, which is part of the template, appears only once at the end of the long, scrollable page.

At first, I thought that this was a Photoshop image issue, so I posted a message on a Photoshop forum. I was told that this was not an image issue but an HTML issue. I was also told that this was essentially easy to do.

I would appreciate your advice on how to do this.

Thank you in advance.

Benjamin

2. slipe

slipe

I personally think it would be a mistake. Go to a first class site and there aren’t scroll bars on the greeting page. It is best handled with links. You would go from elegant to rinky-dink.

I take it someone who knew what they were doing made the page for you and you want a simple way to modify it. You would have to rebuild the page to get it to scroll. If you just stretched the page it would be distorted.

Tell us what html editor you are using and someone might be able to give you some steps. From your question I doubt you are considering rewriting the html directly.

3. sher07

sher07 Thread Starter

Dear Slipe:

Thanks so very much for your constructive criticism. I accept your verdict and will leave the template as it is.

Benjamin

4. sher07

sher07 Thread Starter

Dear Slipe:

My thanks once again. I've decided not to tamper with the template design. Instead, I've extended the table cells downward and copied the image of Jeniffer Lopez and pasted it into the new cells below. This is just a test. I'll replace the content later. But this allows me to both preserve the elegant design and extend it somewhat to allow for more content as needed. What do you think?

Thanks again.

Benjamin

5. sher07

sher07 Thread Starter

Dear Slipe:

On the other hand, you may be right after all. I tried it out and was able to add several table cells at the bottom of the screen. Unfortunately, the template design is a bit more intricate and would require a more careful extension of the main section. This may not be worth the effort and might only mess up the design, so I may just keep it as it is.

Thanks again.

Benjamin

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice