extending ethernet access to other building

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sopio

I need advice in designing a way to get internet access from one building to another 90 feet away using a catenary wire between the two buildings.

Present setup.

Main building

BT Hub3 2.4 GHz (ONLY ONE SPARE PORT AVAILABLE) as the main router with a Belkin N600 DB wireless N+ router (Model F9K1102v1) as an AP connected via cat5 and situated in the loft at the other end of the building.

Proposed extension of Ethernet to other building 35 meters away.

My intention is to extend cat5 cable from the loft of the main building via catenary wire to the remote building as I cannot run another cable from the existing BT Hub5 Ethernet as all ports are now in use and in any case it is extremely difficult to run a cable within the building.

At the end of the existing cable I wish to use this cable to use it connect an AP plus extend the internet via an external cat5e cable attached to a catenary wire to the remote building. I do not know if this is possible with the use of RJ45 coupler F to F and Data-Data RJ45 Splitters at each end of the external cat5e cable or do I have to use other method such as using switches?

See diagram attached. Please note the two pcs’ independent from each other not networked together!

Would appreciate any advice on how to achieve extending internet from the BT Hub to the remote build with cat5e external cable. A sketch or diagram describing how to achieve it would be most helpful.

Thank you.

TerryNet

Terry
Damage to equipment and to buildings can be quite extensive if an outside ethernet cable is not properly grounded.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online