Extending or duplicating screen

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ANJ88

Hello! I have an older HP laptop running Windows 10, it does not have an HDMI port only a VGA port. I am trying use my vizeo smart tv as the display for the laptop, the tv does not have a VGA port only HDMI. I purchased a VGA to HDMI adapter, plugged it in and have not been able to get it to work. tv just says no signal. It’s on the right input, I’ve changed the display setting on my laptop, can’t get anything to work. Any ideas?

ANJ88

Thank you, I have tried changing the resolution, no luck. I will try the other recommendation when I get home. The laptop is a hp intel core tm2 duo cpu p8600, forgive my ignorance, how do I get the specs on the graphics card?

ANJ88

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3996 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.1)
Hard Drives: C: 148 GB (124 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 30DD
Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

TV- Vizeo E50-E1

Attachments

HP Compaq 6730b Notebook PC Specifications:
upload_2018-5-22_12-41-7.png
TV manual:
upload_2018-5-22_12-44-12.png

There is such a big difference in the laptop and TV class that their cooperation will be very difficult and even problematic.

P.S.
Read TV manual.
HDMI 4 (side) is for USB thumb drive only.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online