1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External Cache Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by TheNelligans, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNelligans

TheNelligans Thread Starter

On my girl's computer we are using Windows 2000 when trying to start the computer it hangs up and shows the error External Cache Type: Pipeline Burst. I cannot use Safe Mode nor can I use the restore boot disc. How do I get beyond this message? Please email me with suggestions. Thanks

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

I found this :
    pipeline burst cache
    This type of secondary cache is an advanced type of SRAM installed on the motherboard to boost computer performance. Pipeline burst SRAM is commonplace now in motherboard market, where it replaced the older Sync Burst cache, which works less efficiently with fast processors.

See also: SRAM, cache, level 2 cache

pipeline break
    (Or "pipeline stall") The delay caused on a processor using pipelines when a transfer of control is taken. Normally when a control-transfer instruction (a branch, conditional branch, call or trap) is taken, any following instructions which have been loaded into the processor's pipeline must be discarded or "flushed" and new instructions loaded from the branch destination. This introduces a delay before the processor can resume execution.

http://www.pcwebopedia.com/TERM/p/pipeline_burst_cache.html

http://sysopt.earthweb.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/002282.html

hope this will help

3. brianF

brianF

I have a feeling your memory went south, could be wrong.
    Really does sound like a memory problem.
    I'm just not sure if it's system memory or processor memory.
    Thinking it's system. Pipeline needed to be installed in pairs I believe but could be wrong.
    Try reseating your memory chips on the motherboard, if there are four, try different combo's of two in banks 0 and 1.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63741

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice