1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External CD Advice

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by EarsToVanGogh, Jul 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. EarsToVanGogh

EarsToVanGogh Thread Starter

Hi, folks.

I am looking for some advice on adding an external CD burner to my fairly pathetic current desktop computer. I don't know much about what I would need, price, etc. I am figuring that it will be cheaper to get a whole new system, but I am trying to hang on for a while... and I'll need to get stuff off of this system and onto the new one. My external Zip drive needs to retire.

So, is there a fairly inexpensive, but still good, external CD burner out there? I have Windows ME (I know, I know.) and about 191 MG RAM, 766 MHZ.

I have a nice laptop computer to use, but I really like having the desktop one, too.

Any help that you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much. :)

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

3. EarsToVanGogh

Thanks for your help.

I looked at some of the CD-RW drives and am a bit confused by all of the "jargon" in their descriptions. Could you tell me what the basics are for what I need - just saving files, etc? (Heck, just pick one out and I'll get it. LOL)

Thanks again.

I slapped some more RAM into this bad boy yesyerday and it is running a bit better. If I can do the CD-RW set-up, I might just be able to keep this thing running for a good while. The laptop is great for stuff, but the desktop is easier to use with the nice keyboard, etc. Ah, the whole, big, lumbering beast. I love it.

4. JohnWill

5. EarsToVanGogh

Right on! Thanks so much. I'm off to purchase the goodies. You've been a great help.

Have a super day.

6. JohnWill

You're welcome. :)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice