external drive cant find drivers

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tankboss

first of all my dell 1501 torched the hard drive(overheated) 99% of all the data lost. sent it to the shop and had a new one installed and reloaded with vista again(bundle) . now my external HD MAXTOR III mini wont work. i get the cant locate driver window. I have been to the seagate site for the drivers and software. it unzips and is in a folder but when i connect the drive and reboot i get the same thing. o go thru all the windows to search and locate the drivers. the drive is recognizes in the device manager. i have uninstalled it . the drive worked on this machine before and still does on my other identical dell

try putting it to another usb, do you have all drivers for usb and so installed?

tankboss

i went back and reloaded all the windows updates last night. when i restarted today (with the drive connected) the icon showed up on the task bar and the drive is fully functioning. thanks alot

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online