1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External Drive not accessible

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by GSIIEngineer, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSIIEngineer

GSIIEngineer Thread Starter

Thank you in advance, to anyone who can help.

My Western Digital External Drive has quit on me. I have read the forum and found I am neither the only one w/ this problem, but the source for help I found was for a laptop.

I have a WD 500GB external drive. I was moving filves, from my PC to the External HD, when I got an error stating the file path does not exist half way through. From that point on, I could not access my External HD. Each time I plug it up, it simply says.."New Hardware Found", but yet no driver update will allow my PC to recognize it.

I've tried it on two PCs, one running Windows XP and the other Vista Home (note both have always reconginzed the drive, on just plug-play). I had even feared, I had some how over burn, or went over my capacity, but I was no where close. If someone has found a solution or knows of something I can do. I have no idea of what steps to even start with, outside of contact Western Digital.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/798603

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice