1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

external dvd/rw is not being recognised by my system

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by reddy1981, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reddy1981

reddy1981 Thread Starter

Hi There
    I need your help as my external portable dvd rw is not being recognised when I plugin. It was previously working fine...i was recently deleting some programs from my add/remove programs and might have accidentally deleted something

I use a toshiba portege r205-s2062, windows XP...i checked the device manager and it says that it is a COMPAL TSD80Y1 DVD RW USB Device

under the general tab
    in properties for the above device It shows the following error: Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.

Under the driver tab it says driver provider: microsoft, driver date 2001-07-01 and driver version: 5.1.2535.0....i have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but gives the same error....

the dvd rw is working fine in another sonyv aio system...please help

thanks a lot

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice