1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

External DVD Writer connects and disconnects

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Askzra, Feb 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Askzra

Askzra Thread Starter

I have a Samsung TSSTcorp SE-S084C DVD Writer for a couple of years. My laptop always connect and disconnect the DVD writer. When i plug in with no DVD, the drive is OK, no disconnection. But when i put DVD, the problem arise. Sometime the drive can recognise the DVD, but when i click on it in My Computer, it disconnect again. What is really the problem.. I think the problem is from my laptop because my family's laptops all work well with this drive. One thing i realised, my laptop does not install ALL driver of the drive. I already compared my list of drivers with my mother's laptop driver list.

What is the problem actually..help me please..

Thanks.

2. pip22

pip22

3. Askzra

Askzra Thread Starter

is this also related to driver you think? because i already compared the driver list, and i saw that my laptop has fewer drivers. I tried to copy the driver from other laptop, paste them into WINDOWS/system32/driver but still not work and the ' Driver Details' in device manager does not detect any changes i made.

I actually want to find a free solution first before i get my hand to my money.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1043025